Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poetry Train Monday - 148 - American sentence 6





Just got back from the first of three intense evenings of choral singing:

Sunday evening rehearsal, the first with Nova Sinfonia and our guest conductor, Dr. Mark Shapiro, from New York.


Monday evening dress rehearsal

Tuesday evening - concert!











I confess I was a bit nervous all day, knowing that he would make us work hard. We're a combined choir of amateur singers ( my choir, Dartmouth Choral Society and the Chebucto Singers) and he's used to professional singers.

However, he turned out to be extremely forgiving, yet at the same time took hold of us and yanked us up to stand tall and let loose our inner divas.

For today's stop on the Poetry Train, I give you this American sentence:



First violinist introduced conductor to director - old charm.



For more poetry, Ride the Poetry Train!

For any of you in the Halifax area, my concert is on:


Tuesday, April 20th
St. Matthew's Church
1479 Barrington St., Halifax, Nova Scotia
7:30 pm

The concert program:

Schubert's Mass No. 2 in G major
Vaughan Williams' Antiphon from Five Mystical Songs
Schubert's Symphony No. 9 in C major

Tickets are:

$15 adults
$10 seniors
$5 students

Stan Ski says I'm sure you sing just as well as professionals.

Gautami Tripathy says Good one too!

Travis says I didn't write nearly enough poetry during my vacation, especially with this being poetry month. Oh well...

6 comments:

Stan Ski said...

I'm sure you sing just as well as professionals.

Andy Sewina said...

Nicely, very old charm!!

gautami tripathy said...

Good one too!

a blow

Jennie Marsland said...

Good line! And best of luck with the concert.

Travis Cody said...

I didn't write nearly enough poetry during my vacation, especially with this being poetry month. Oh well...I learned a long time ago that forcing never works.

lisa and laura said...

Hope the concert went well!