Friday, June 25, 2010

5 on Friday - Set 20

















For this week's set, I'm presenting six hipstresses (one of the five are actually a sister duo.)

For more marvellous music, visit Travis at Trav's Thoughts.

1 - Secret - The Pierces

Got a secret
Can you keep it
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it
In your pocket
Taking this one to the grave

If I show you
Then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two
Can keep a secret
If one of them is dead


- Allison and Catherine Pierce



2 - I Wanna Be Your Dog - Emilie Simon

Now we're gonna be face to face
And I'll lay right down
In my favorite place

Now I'm ready to close my eyes
And now I'm ready
To close my mind

Now I'm ready
To feel your hand
And lose my heart
On the burning sand


- Dave Alexander / Ron and Scott Asheton / Iggy Pop



3 - Chick Habit - April March

Hang up the chick habit
Hang it up, Daddy
Or you'll be alone in a quick

Hang up the chick habit
Hang it up, Daddy
Or you'll never get another fix

I'm telling you it's not a trick
Pay attention, don't be thick
Or you're likely to get licked


- Gainsbourg / March



4 - Cascade - Deluka

I want your temper when it's burning hot
Cause it hurts me like a thousand watts
You spit fire and it makes me run away
It cuts deep like a switchblade

Fade in, fade out
And don't make me shout
When words hit walls
The lights go out
Nights crash, eyes flash
You don't know
You don't even know me


- Brasco / Innocenti / Kovacs / Palmer



5 - Watching the Clothes - The Pretenders

There go the whites
Gettin whiter
There go the colors
Getting brighter
There go the delicates
Into the final rinse

There goes my Saturday night
I go without a fight


- Chrissie Hynde



Jamie says Every time I hear Deluka it surprises me how much I like her. May have to get an album at some point.

Linda says All new songs and singers for me this week with the exception of The Pretenders. THIS is why I love this meme of Travis', it gives us the chance to expand our musical horizons a bit!

Minnesota Mamaleh says What a fun, creative compilation! All new to me!

4 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

Good grouping. Every time I hear Deluka it surprises me how much I like her. May have to get an album at some point.

Linda said...

All new songs and singers for me this week with the exception of The Pretenders. THIS is why I love this meme of Travis', it gives us the chance to expand our musical horizons a bit!

I went with a set of summer songs this week what with it being the week of summer and all - that somehow seemed appropriate but I love your idea of five songstresses!

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

what a fun, creative compilation! all new to me! thanks so much for this. it's...refreshing!!

Travis Cody said...

That second one was king of creepy. The singer's voice sounded...well let's just say I prefer a female vocalist who doesn't sound like a child. Very creepy!

I did like the upbeat sound of the others though.