Friday, September 10, 2010

5 on Friday - Set 31

















Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of music that takes their fancies for his 5 on Friday meme.

TIME TO PARTY!

Everyone's gathering for my sister's wedding. Far-away family and friends are arriving, nearby family and friends are running around preparing this and setting up that.

Tomorrow, after the "I do"s, a good time awaits. You can start the party now!

1 - Church - Lyle Lovett and his Large Band

And then joined with me the choir
Yes every woman, child and man
They sang

To the lord let praises be
It's time for dinner
Now let's go eat


- Lyle Lovett




2 - I Feel Good - James Brown

I feel good
Like I knew that I would, now
I feel good, baby
Like I knew that I would, now
So good
So good
I got you

Whoa! I feel nice
Like sugar and spice
I feel nice
Like sugar and spice
So nice
So nice
I got you


- James Brown



3 - 1999 - Prince

If you didn't come to party
Don't bother knockin' on my door
I got a lion in my pocket
And baby, he's ready to roar

Everybody's got a bomb
We could all die any day
But before I let that happen
I'll dance my life away


- Prince



4 - Good Times - Edie Brickell

Good times, bad times
Give me some of that

I don't want to say goodbye
Don't want to walk you to the door
I spend a little time with you
I want a little more


- Edie Brickell



5 - Dance to the Music - Sly and the Family Stone

Listen to me
Cynthia and Jerry got a message
They're sayin'

All the squares go home

Listen to the voices
Dance to the music


- Sylvester Stewart

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Great choices Julia. I particularly like 'Dance to the music' it brings back some great memories of my youth. :)

Naquillity said...

Prince is my favorite... 1999 is one of many songs by him that i loved. Edie Brickell's Good Times is also really good. thanks for sharing. have a great day.

Unknown said...

Good Times!

Have a fabulous time at the wedding.

Durward Discussion said...

Love the sidebar of wedding paintings. Great touch. The Lyle Lovett lead in reminds me of our Thanksgiving prayer every year:

God is Great
God is Good
Yay! God!
Pass the food.

Some traditions probably should be left to die, but this one gives use the giggles every time.

Travis Cody said...

Enjoy the party! Dance till you drop!