Friday, April 8, 2011

5 on Friday - Set 61



Day 7 brings us to the letter G.





It's Friday, and Fridays mean music at A Piece of My Mind. I take part in a musical meme called 5 on Friday, where Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of music that takes their fancies.











Kick back, settle in and enjoy five tunes that start with the letter G.

1 - A Gaelic Song - Kate Bush

(English translation from Gaelic)

There's a woman in Ireland
Who'd give me shelter and my fill of ale
There's a woman in Ireland
Who'd prefer my singing to strings being played
There's a woman in Ireland
Who'd prefer me leaping
Than laid in the clay and my belly under the sod


- Peadar Ó Doirnín



2 - Golden Slumbers - k d lang

Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles await you when you rise
Sleep pretty darling, do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby


- Lennon / McCartney



3 - The Great Divide - The Cardigans

There's a mountain higher than we knew
It's high, but such a bitter view

A great divide between us now
Something we should know

A great divide between us now
On different sides of a great divide


- Sveningsson / Svensson



4 - Giggling Again For No Reason - Alanis Morissette

I am driving in my car, up Highway 1
I left LA without telling anyone
There were people who needed something from me
But I am sure they'll get along fine on their own

Oh, this state of ecstasy
Nothing but road could ever give to me
This liberty wind in my face
And I'm giggling again for no reason


- Morissette / Sigsworth



5 - Greener Pastures - No Doubt

Would you say they find me unstable
Cause they see me act a little bit different
But I know my way to greener pastures
And think about it
Won't you think it over
Please


- Kanal / Stefani

3 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

K D Lang has the most distinctive beautiful voice. I just love her.

Nothing like a word verification that reads "behedies" to make you feel welcome. :-) OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Nicole said...

k d lang is such a blast from the past....wonderful!

I like how you listed songs for the meme that were in line with the A to Z challenge as well.

Two activities in one post rocks!

The Madlab Post

Travis Cody said...

My thoughts echo others who have praised KD Lang. I loved that cover.