Friday, April 15, 2011

5 on Friday - Set 62



Day 13 of the A to Z Challenge brings us to the halfway point - and to the letter M.








It's Friday, and Fridays mean music at A Piece of My Mind. I take part in a musical meme called 5 on Friday, where Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of music that takes their fancies.











Kick back, settle in and enjoy five tunes that start with the letter M.

1 - My Heart Sings - Paul Anka



2 - Morning Rider on the Road - David Cassidy



3 - Money Honey - Bay City Rollers



4 - Man on Fire - Andy Gibb



5 - Mama's Boy - Justin Bieber

7 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

Saw Paul Anka perform live in Vegas and he was quite a showman so the first song really hit home. Nice set.

Linda said...

Ah, David Cassidy AND the Bay City Rollers - nice!

Can't say that I'm much of a Justin Bieber fan, though, I think he's just a little too young for my old tastebuds! Well, that and I hate to jump on whatever the latest bandwagon is - especially when that bandwagon is already loaded down with prepubescent teens!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Jamie - Paul Anka was all of 17 when he recorded that song. Sorry, Bieber fans, but somehow his voice doesn't hold a candle to Anka's, though I wish him all the best, anyway.

Linda - I found myself really enjoying David Cassidy's voice while I gathered this set together. Les McKeown of the Rollers was my personal teen idol, but I wanted to include my sister-in-law's dreamy guy (Keith Partridge!) So then I had to put my best friend's teen idol (Andy Gibb.)

Akelamalu said...

David Cassidy is over here at the moment - he's aged well!

j said...

Sigh... David Cassidy. You had a little something for me and a little something for my daughter. I loved (love) David Cassidy and she plans to marry Justin Bieber.

Great "M" songs!

Travis Cody said...

There's a definite teen idol theme going on here. My sister was a little young for David Cassidy and BCR, but I remember a lot of girls I knew were goofy over them.

I should qualify here...my buddies and I had to tolerate our girl friends and their goofiness, because we fellas were goofy over Farrah and Kristy and Tatum. So fair's fair I guess, right?

Polly said...

Paul Anka. That's a new name to me, although I realize it shouldn't be. He has some great songs!